Sunday 11 November 2012

Review: Aveda Tourlamine Charged Radiant Skin Refiner

Aveda Tourmaline Charged Radiant Skin Refiner



I'm on an Aveda kick lately and purchased this exfoliant after the facial I mentioned in my previous post. The esthetician used this as part of the routine after cleansing. I liked the feel of the granules on my skin and the lovely herbal scent. 

When I was purchasing the products, she told me I only needed to exfoliate once a week despite the bottle saying it should be used twice weekly. She said once was enough for my skin.  

It's a clay-based scrub (kaolin) and has tourmaline crystals to help refine the skin. Tourmaline, according to Wikipedia, is a semi-precious stone and is made of silica particles. This refiner is supposed to be gentle on the skin and whisk away impurities and imperfections leaving your skin soft, smooth, and radiant. 

I tried this scrub exactly one week after my facial and used a dime-sized amount after cleansing. I scrubbed gently using the pads of my finger tips. The scrub was not overly harsh or grainy; the particles were small and felt smooth on my skin. I did my face, neck, and decollete, as instructed on the tube. I even did my lips. It rinsed away clean and I did not have to "whisk away" particles with a cloth as the tube said. I spritzed toner over my face after exfolitating and my face felt clean and healthy. The next day I noticed my skin was much clearer and felt softer. 

I'm looking forward to exfoliating again tomorrow. The price tag is hefty at $50 per 100 mL, but you only need a tiny amount as with the other Aveda products I've tried. I wasn't an exfoliating type of gal before this, but Aveda's scrub has turned me into a convert.


No comments:

Post a Comment