Thursday 2 August 2012

Review: L'Oreal EverSleek Reparative Shampoo


I decided to try this shampoo after hearing quite the buzz about it on the NaturallyCurly forums. This entire line (EverSleek, EverPure, and EverStrong) is sulfate- and silicone-free. They are designed especially for colour-treated hair, as sulfates wash out colour, and silicone dries out hair. 

I don't use sulfates or silicones in my hair, and decided to give this shampoo a try after getting sick of the scent of my shampoo bar (lavender and patchouli). This shampoo is clear (the Intense version is creamy) and is supposed to fight frizz and smooth the hair cuticle. 

The shampoo is thinner in consistency than my occasional TreSemme Naturals and I only needed a quarter-sized amount to produce a rich, foamy lather. It distributed through my hair evenly and didn't stop sudsing. 

It rinsed out clean (but not squeaky-clean like my shampoo bar) and I finished with TreSemme Naturals conditioner. I used a little gel and hairspray and scrunched my hair. 

After letting it air dry, I was pleased to see this:


Soft, bouncy curls! Yay! My hair feels smooth, and is shiny and frizz-free.

I declare this shampoo a win!



No comments:

Post a Comment